01 NCAC 05D .0205 COMPETITIVE PROPOSALS
(a) An agency which receives approval to solicit proposals for consultant services shall:
(1) Prepare a request for proposals in accordance with these Rules and disseminate among prospective service providers;
(2) Circulate the request for proposals to such sources of consultant services as may be identified by the Division of Purchase and Contract as well as all sources identified by the requesting agency;
(3) Publicly open all proposals received at a date and time set in the request for proposals; however, in a two‑step evaluation process, only the technical proposal shall be opened on the opening date. The cost proposal is opened only if the technical proposal is determined by the State to be acceptable;
(4) Upon receipt of proposals submit a copy of each proposal received to the Division of Purchase and Contract;
(5) Review all proposals received on the basis of evaluation criteria significantly related to the function to be performed and equally applied to all proposals received;
(6) Submit a memorandum to the Division of Purchase and Contract citing criteria for selection and recommending contract award.
(b) The Division of Purchase and Contract shall evaluate all proposals received in accordance with the requirements of the request for proposals and shall consider the recommendations of the requesting agency. Upon completion of the Division's analysis, the Division shall forward a recommendation to the Governor. The requesting agency shall be notified in writing by the Governor or designee that all proposals have been rejected or that the agency head is authorized to execute a contract(s) with an approved service provider(s).
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑64.20 through 64.23;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. February 27, 1979;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 23, 2016.