01 NCAC 30D .0103 DEFINITIONS
For purposes of this Subchapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Annual Service Agreement" means an open end agreement for professional services with a designer or consultant, subject to the limitations of the Rule in this Subchapter.
(2) "Capital Projects Coordinator" means the individual authorized by each funded agency to coordinate all capital improvement projects and related matters with the State Construction Office and to represent that agency on all matters presented to the SBC. The individual so designated for purposes of the Rules in this Subchapter may have other titles within his agency but shall carry out the duties assigned herein to the Capital Projects Coordinator. Whenever the Capital Projects Coordinator is referenced herein, it shall be understood to include a designated assistant or representative.
(3) "Consultant" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other legal entity selected for planning and studies of an architectural and engineering nature associated with a capital improvement project. The consultant must be licensed to practice architecture or engineering in the State of North Carolina.
(4) "Contact person" means the person named in the public advertisement who shall be the Capital Projects Coordinator or his designee.
(5) "Designer" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other legal entity licensed to practice architecture, engineering, or landscaping architecture in the State of North Carolina.
(6) "Funded agency" means the department, agency, authority, or office that is named in the legislation appropriating funds for the design and/or or construction project.
(7) "Major projects" means those capital improvement projects whose authorized funding or estimated cost is greater than five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000.00) or a planning study activity whose authorized funding is greater than fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00).
(8) "Minor projects" means those capital improvement projects whose authorized funding or estimated cost is five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000.00) or less or a planning or study activity whose authorized funding is fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) or less. Minor projects may also include a grouping of small non‑specified or anticipated projects whose aggregate total falls within the minor project cost limitations.
(9) "Professional services" means those services within the scope of the practice of architecture, engineering or landscape architecture as defined by the public laws of North Carolina.
(10) "Special inspections" means detailed inspections of materials, installation, fabrication, erection or placement of components and connections requiring special expertise to ensure compliance with construction documents and referenced standards as per Section 1704 of the NC State Building Code.
(11) "Using agency" means the sub-division of the funded agency for whose use the project is to be provided. If the funded agency is so subdivided for administrative control, the using agency would be a division, geographically self-contained facility, campus, or similar body, as determined by the administrative head of the funded agency.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑135.25; 143‑135.26;
Eff. January 1, 1988;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2005, May 1, 1990; April 1, 1989.