01 NCAC 30F .0103 DEFINITIONS
For purposes of this Subchapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Capital Projects Coordinator" means the individual authorized by each funded agency to coordinate all capital improvements projects and related matters with the State Construction Office (SCO) and to represent that agency on all matters presented to the SBC. The individual so designated for purposes of these Rules may have other titles within the individual's agency but shall carry out the duties assigned herein to the Capital Projects Coordinator. Whenever the Capital Projects Coordinator is referenced herein, it shall be understood to include a designated assistant or representative. Concerning evaluation of contractors, the Capital Projects Coordinator is responsible for the agency's evaluation of each phase of the project as well as the overall contractor evaluation.
(2) "Contractor" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other legal entity licensed to perform construction in the State of North Carolina. The contractor evaluation procedure applies to a firm designated as a "prime contractor" and may include contractors receiving awards under the single prime or multiple‑prime method of contract bidding and award. The prime contractor shall be responsible for performance of all sub‑contractors. Accordingly, the evaluation of the prime contractor will include evaluation of the work of all sub‑contractors, required by terms of the contract to be listed by the prime contractor, and all material suppliers.
(3) "Project Designer" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other legal entity licensed to practice architecture, engineering, or landscape architecture in the State of North Carolina.
(4) "Funded Agency" means the department, agency, authority or office that is named in the legislation appropriating funds for the design and/or construction of a project.
(5) "Owner's Representative" is an individual appointed by the using agency to represent the using agency on all user‑related matters.
(6) "Using Agency" means the sub‑division of the funded agency for whose use the project is to provided. If the funded agency is so subdivided for administrative control, the using agency would be a division, geographically self‑contained facility, campus, or similar body, as determined by the administrative head of the funded agency.
(7) "Scope Statement" means a written description of the capital project that is to be designed and constructed. Normally, the scope statement shall reflect the written project description as contained in the project cost estimate validated by the State Construction Office.
(8) "Contractor Evaluation Form" is the form to be used for all contractor evaluations. The form, approved by the State Building Commission, is the only approved document for this purpose; the form may be reproduced by agencies as required.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑64.31; 143‑135.26;
Eff. January 1, 1992.