01 NCAC 30G .0103 DEFINITIONS
For the purposes of the rules in this Section, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Alternative contracting method" includes but is not limited to:
(a) the single-prime contracting system, not otherwise authorized under G.S. 143-128,
(b) the design-build delivery system, or
(c) the construction management delivery system.
(2) "Chairman" means the Chairman of the State Building Commission.
(3) "Construction management delivery system" means the alternative contracting method where the public owner contracts for a fee with a single person, but not the project general contractor, who administers contracts with separate contractors for the construction of the project and who is responsible as agent to the public owner for the coordination and management of the project, but where the public owner remains liable to the separate contractors.
(4) "Design-build delivery system" means that the public owner contracts for a fee with a single person for the design, management and construction of a project.
(5) "Director" means the Director of the State Construction Office.
(6) "Exemption" means the grant of authorization by the SBC for the use of a method of contracting not otherwise authorized under G.S. 143-128.
(7) "Person" means a person, firm or corporation.
(8) "Project" means the building or facility for which an exemption is requested by the public owner, and upon which the work will be performed.
(9) "Public owner" means a state agency or institution, a local government unit, or any other entity subject to the provisions of G.S. 143-129.
(10) "SBC" means the State Building Commission.
(11) "Work" means the erection, repair, construction, renovation or alteration to be performed upon a building or facility.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-135.26;
Temporary Adoption Eff. July 1, 1996;
Eff. August 1, 1998;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2018.