01 NCAC 30I .0302 DEFINITIONS
As used in this section and G.S. 143-128.2 and G.S. 143-128.3:
(1) "Bidder" means any person, firm, partnership, corporation, association, or joint venture seeking to be awarded a public contract or subcontract.
(2) "Contract" means a mutually binding legal relationship or any modification thereof obligating the seller to furnish equipment, materials or services, including construction, and obligating the buyer to pay for them.
(3) "Contractor" means any person, firm, partnership, corporation, association, or joint venture which has contracted with the State of North Carolina to perform construction work or repair.
(4) "Designer" means any person, firm, partnership, or corporation, which has contracted with the State of North Carolina to perform architectural or engineering work.
(5) "HUB Office" means the North Carolina Department of Administration Office for Historically Underutilized Businesses.
(6) "Owner" means the State of North Carolina, through the Agency/Institution and public entities named in the contract.
(7) "Public Entity" means the State of North Carolina and all public subdivisions and local governmental units thereof.
(8) "SCO" means the North Carolina Department of Administration State Construction Office.
(9) "State Construction Project" means all projects within the jurisdiction of the State Construction Office pursuant to G.S. 143-341(3); including any State Agency project, Community College's project in the amount of three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000) or more, and University System's project in the excess of two million dollars ($2,000,000).
(10) "Subcontractor" means a firm under contract with the prime contractor or construction manager at risk for supplying materials, labor, or materials and labor.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-128.3(e);
Eff. February 1, 2006;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2018.