01 NCAC 30I .0304 OFFICE FOR HISTORICALLY UNDERUTILIZED BUSINESSES RESPONSIBILITIES
(a) Interested businesses may register as a minority business as defined in G.S. 143-128.2(g). The information provided by the minority business shall be used by the HUB Office to:
(1) Identify those areas of work for which there are minority businesses, and assist those public entities who are in the process of developing a minority business outreach plan for a particular project.
(2) Make available to interested parties a list of registered minority business contractors and subcontractors.
(3) Maintain a current list of minority businesses based upon information provided by the minority businesses.
(b) The HUB Office shall also:
(1) Provide training and technical assistance to minority businesses on how to identify and obtain contracting and subcontracting opportunities through the State Construction Office and other public entities.
(2) Provide training and technical assistance to public entities on how to identify and obtain minority contractor and subcontractor participation on projects subject to the goal requirements of G.S. 143-128.2.
(3) Develop positive relationships with North Carolina trade and professional organizations by providing periodic meetings, such as networking and information sessions, obtaining input and feedback regarding minority business issues, legislation and policies, to improve the ability of minority businesses to participate in State construction projects.
(4) Monitor public entity compliance with the goal requirements of G.S. 143-128.2.
(5) Review and monitor corrective action plans for those public entities found to be out of compliance with G.S. 143-128.2.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-128.3(e); 143-128.2;
Eff. February 1, 2006;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2018.