01 NCAC 30I .0307 DESIGNER REQUIREMENTS
Under the single-prime bidding, separate prime bidding, construction manager at risk, or alternative contracting method, the designer shall:
(1) Attend the scheduled prebid conference to explain minority business requirements to the prospective bidders.
(2) Assist the owner to identify and notify prospective minority business prime and subcontractors of potential contracting opportunities and provide documentation of this assistance for the owner's records.
(3) Maintain documentation of any contacts, correspondence, or conversation with minority business firms made in an attempt to meet the goals and forward the documentation to the owner in support of meeting the requirements.
(4) Review jointly with the owner, all requirements of G.S. 143-128.2(c) and G.S.143-128.2(f) prior to recommendation of award.
(5) During construction phase of the project, review payment applications for compliance with minority business utilization commitments and submit documentation that identifies payments to minority businesses along with monthly pay applications to the owner. Additionally, on State Construction Projects, forward copies to the State Construction Office.
(6) Forward documentation showing evidence of implementation of Items (1) through (5) of this Rule to the owner, State Construction Office and HUB Office upon request.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-128.3(e); 143-128.2;
Eff. February 1, 2006;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2018.