01 NCAC 30I .0309 MINORITY BUSINESS RESPONSIBILITIES
(a) Minority businesses seeking to be counted toward the minority business participation goals of G.S. 143-128.2 shall be certified or designated as minority business by the Department of Administration HUB Office or another certifying agency of the State of North Carolina, a local unit of government, or The Carolinas Minority Suppliers Development Council.
(b) Minority and HUB contractors shall make a good faith effort to participate in construction projects as demonstrated by:
(1) Attending the scheduled prebid conference.
(2) Responding promptly whether or not they wish to submit a bid when contacted by owners or bidders.
(3) Attending training and contractor outreach sessions given by owners, contractors and state agencies, when feasible.
(4) Participating in Mentor/Protégé programs, training, or other business development programs offered by owners, contractors or state agencies.
(5) Negotiating in good faith with owners or contractors.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-128.3(e);
Eff. March 1, 2006;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2018.