01 NCAC 38 .0205             ACCIDENT REPORTING

All accidents involving state vehicles or other property damage, regardless of amount of damage, must be reported by calling 1-800-277-8181 or 733-4043 (in Raleigh calling area).  Information which must be obtained from the other driver involved in the accident is: name, address, telephone number, license plate number, insurance company, and policy number.  An Accident Report Form FM-16 must be completed and forwarded immediately to the Division.  All accidents involving injury or damage to a state vehicle must be reported to Travelers Insurance Company, promptly as follows:

(1)           In North Carolina, call 1-800-762-3804 except in the following counties: Bertie, Currituck, Hertford, Pasquotank, Camden, Dare, Hyde, Perquimans, Chowan, Gates, Martin, and Washington.  In these counties call 804-330-4788, collect.

(2)           On weekends, after hours and holidays when there is any injury or death, call immediately 1-800-243-3840.


History Note:        Authority G.S. 143-341(8)i;

Eff. November 2, 1992.