01 NCAC 43A .0309 REJECTION OF BIDS
(a) Any and all bids may be rejected. Bids may be rejected in whole or in part if:
(1) The bidder has failed to pay for or pick up surplus property awarded;
(2) The bid is submitted by an ineligible bidder pursuant to Rule .0315 of this Section;
(3) The bid does not fully comply with the terms and conditions of the request/solicitation for bid;
(4) The bid is not legible or lacks completeness;
(5) The bid does not comply with the bid policies of State Surplus Property Agency; or
(6) Bid rejection is recommended by the State Capitol Police, State Bureau of Investigation, Federal Bureau of Investigation, or other Homeland Security entity. In such cases, the security entity must provide a written statement requesting rejection and that the recommendation is based on homeland security concerns. In the event of receipt of a security based bid rejection recommendation, the State Surplus Property Agency shall reject the bid without further supporting documentation.
(b) If a bid is rejected in whole or part, the subject property may be re-advertised, sold at the highest bidder's amount, the next higher bid accepted, or sale negotiated, in the best interests of the State, without recourse to further bidding.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-64.01; 143-64.04;
Eff. July 1, 2007.