SUBCHAPTER 09D ‑ CANNED DOG AND CAT FOOD
02 NCAC 09D .0101 DEFINITIONS AND TERMS
For the purpose of these regulations the following shall be construed respectively to mean the following:
(1) "Principal display panel" means the part of a label that is most likely to be displayed, presented, shown or examined under normal and customary conditions of display for retail sale.
(2) "Ingredient statements" means a collective and contiguous listing on the label of the ingredients of which the pet food is composed.
(3) "Immediate container" means the unit, can, box, tin, bag or other receptacle or covering in which a pet food is displayed for sale to retail purchasers, but does not include containers used as shipping containers.
(4) The term "drug" means any article for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in animals other than man and articles, other than feed, intended to affect the structure or any function of the animal body.
(5) The term "pet food" shall be taken to mean "canned pet food" as defined in N.C.G.S. 106‑284.33.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑284.41;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1987;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. March 22, 2015.