02 NCAC 09L .1104 SINGLE PURCHASE EMERGENCY CERTIFICATION PERMIT
(a) For emergency certification of any applicant who has not previously been certified and did not anticipate need for a restricted use pesticide, a 10‑day Single Purchase Emergency Certification Permit may be issued by his or her resident county agricultural extension service pesticide coordinator authorizing the purchase and use of one restricted use pesticide for one application to a crop or site. Permits shall not be issued if:
(1) there is sufficient time prior to the needed use for the individual to become certified;
(2) an individual had been previously certified, but let the certification lapse; or
(3) after discussion with the Cooperative Extension Agent, it is determined that a general use pesticide (one available to the general public and not requiring certification to purchase and apply) may be used.
(b) Prior to issuance of the permit, the resident county agricultural extension service pesticide coordinator shall:
(1) provide the applicant with a training manual and information relative to obtaining full private pesticide applicator certification; and
(2) discuss with the applicant proper use of the restricted use pesticide.
(c) If the individual requires further use of restricted use pesticides, he or she shall complete one of the certification options set forth in Rule .1103 of this Section.
(d) The agricultural extension service pesticide coordinator shall keep a copy of the permit provided by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services that contains the following information:
(1) the name and address of the applicant;
(2) the name and amount of restricted use pesticide;
(3) the crop or site to be treated; and
(4) the date the permit was issued.
Copies of the permits shall be available for review by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(e) A Single Purchase Emergency Certification Permit shall not be issued for fumigation of soil, growing media, or agricultural commodities.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑440;
Eff. December 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2016; August 26, 1977.