02 NCAC 20B .0413 ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
(a) The possession, sale, or consumption of any alcoholic beverage shall be in compliance with the state alcoholic beverage control laws set forth in G.S. 18B and rules set forth in 04 NCAC 02.
(b) The sampling or sale of alcoholic beverages at an event on the State Fair property shall require approval by the State Fair Manager or his or her designee in negotiation and at the time of the signing of the contract to rent the premises. In making this determination, the State Fair Manager shall consider the following factors:
(1) the nature of the event;
(2) the time of the event;
(3) the number of attendees at the event;
(4) the age of the attendees at the event;
(5) prior history of the event;
(6) other events on State Fair property at that time;
(7) security needed and available at the time of the event; and
(8) the health, safety and welfare of all patrons on State Fair property.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑503;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2014; October 1, 1993; December 1, 1991; January 1, 1991; October 1, 1989;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 19, 2015.