SECTION .0700 ‑ PETROLEUM DEVICE TECHNICIANS
02 NCAC 42 .0701 QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
(a) Any person seeking to be a petroleum device technician shall make application to the director on forms provided by the director, supported by two letters of endorsement satisfactory to the director.
(b) Qualifications necessary for approved registration shall include:
(1) Not less than one year of actual experience in the installation, maintenance, adjustment, calibration and repairing of liquid fuel pumps, meters, and other measuring devices;
(2) Possession of calibrated test measures necessary for making repairs to a rejected liquid fuel pump, meter, or measuring device which shall consist of one or more of the following test measures as applicable: a five‑gallon test measure calibrated in customary and metric units, five‑gallon test measure, or a twenty liter test measure;
(3) Certification that if registered, said person will test each pump, meter, or other measuring device which he repairs or adjusts with test measures which have been sealed by the director within the last 12 months, except for test measures for terminal meters which must have been sealed by the director within the last five years; and
(4) Any other qualifications found necessary by the director.
(c) An approved registration by the director is subject to revocation for misrepresentation on the registration, incompetence or failure to render satisfactory service. Failure to render satisfactory service shall include failure to do the following:
(1) Seal all adjustments with the lead or wire seal on which shall be impressed his identifying insignia and current year;
(2) Seal all adjustments to as near a zero error in accuracy as possible;
(3) Notify the director of the fact that he has repaired a rejected pump, meter, or other measuring device, giving the name of the owner, location, and date service was rendered on the same day repair or adjustment was completed.
History Note: Authority G.S. 119‑26; 119‑33;
Eff. December 1, 1981;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 19, 2015.