SUBCHAPTER 43C ‑ INSPECTION OF FARM: HORTICULTURAL CROPS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS
SECTION .0100 - INSPECTION OF FARM: HORTICULTURAL CROPS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS
02 NCAC 43C .0101 DEFINITIONS
(a) Definitions referred to in this Subchapter shall be in effect throughout 02 NCAC 43C.
(b) Words used in the following regulations in the singular form shall be deemed to import the plural, and vice versa, as the case may demand:
(1) "Person" means individuals, associations, partnerships or corporations.
(2) "Commissioner of Agriculture" means the Commissioner of Agriculture or his employees or agents.
(3) "Official Graders or Inspectors" means employees of the Department of Agriculture or other persons authorized by the Commissioner of Agriculture to investigate and certify to shippers and other interested parties, the class, quality or condition of farm, horticultural crops and animal products under the act.
(4) "Office of Grading and Inspection" means the office of an official grader authorized to grade farm, horticultural crops and animal products under the act.
(5) "Inspection Certificate" means a certificate showing the grade, class, quality and condition of the products by an official inspector under the act.
(6) "Regulations" are the rules and regulations of the Board of Agriculture under the act, G.S. 106, Article 17.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑190; 106‑195;
Eff. August 1, 1982;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 23, 2017.