02 Ncac 48a .0242 definitions
For the purpose of this Section:
(1) Compliance Agreement means an agreement between the State Apiarist and a beekeeper wherein the beekeeper agrees to follow the practices and procedures set forth in 02 NCAC 48A .0248 and 02 NCAC 48A .0252 as a prerequisite for authorization to ship bees or apiary equipment into or within North Carolina.
(2) Inspector means a person designated by the Commissioner to be responsible for performing inspections, services and enforcing the bee and honey statutes and rules of North Carolina.
(3) Nuclei means colonies of honeybees on one to four brood combs, usually with queen, eggs and developing bees, in a hive or box suitable for shipping or mailing.
(4) Package Bee Producer means a beekeeper who is in the business of producing worker bees for sale and shipment without comb or honey in screened cages or packages suitable for shipping or mailing.
(5) Queen Breeder means a beekeeper who is in the business of producing queen bees for sale and shipment without comb or honey in cages suitable for shipping or mailing.
(6) State Apiarist means the person designated by the Commissioner to be responsible for administering and enforcing the North Carolina bee and honey statutes and rules.
(7) Uniform Health Certificate means a Uniform Health Certificate agreed on by several states.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106-638;
Eff. January 1, 2011.