02 Ncac 48a .0263 permit to sell bees
(a) The Plant Industry Division of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services shall issue permits to individuals, corporations, or firms intending to sell honeybees in North Carolina.
(b) Permitting procedure:
(1) Individuals, corporations, or firms desiring to sell bees in North Carolina shall apply annually for a permit. The permitting period is from January 1 to December 31 of each year. Permit applications must be on a form provided by the Plant Industry Division. Permit application forms are available from the following:
(A) North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Plant Industry Division, 1060 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1060; and
(B) available on-line at NCDA&CS, Plant Industry Division, Plant Protection website;
(2) A permitting fee must be paid on an annual basis in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 106-639.1 and subsequent amendments;
(3) Individuals, corporations, or firms may obtain a permit to sell bees at any time of year;
(4) The permit shall expire on December 31 of each year and must be renewed each year;
(5) All provisions of the N.C. Bee and Honey Act and the rules adopted thereunder must be met as a prerequisite to obtaining a permit to sell bees, including compliance with existing quarantines;
(6) A permit to sell bees in North Carolina shall be denied or revoked if necessary to prevent the introduction or spread of bees or colonies with contagious or infectious diseases, disorders, or conditions deemed harmful to the North Carolina beekeeping industry;
(7) A permit is non-transferable; and
(8) A permit holder shall not sell bees owned by another person.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106-639.1;
Eff. January 1, 2011.