02 NCAC 48A .1302 PROCEDURE FOR ISSUANCE OF PERMIT
(a) The procedure for processing an application to move regulated articles is as follows:
(1) application is received and reviewed to see if it is properly completed by plant protection staff;
(2) application is forwarded to appropriate area office for review of conditions at the site;
(3) application returned to the state office for final review;
(4) applicant is notified of acceptance or rejection of application. If accepted the proper number of scientific permits are issued.
(b) Decisions on acceptance or rejection of applications for movement of regulated articles for scientific purposes are based on the following criteria;
(1) pest risk hazard;
(2) safeguards against spread which can be applied,
(3) conditions under which the pest or regulated article is to be held,
(4) amount of material involved,
(5) biological conditions in the area in which the regulated article is to be moved,
(6) method of packaging and method of shipment to be employed,
(7) use for which the regulated article is to be applied.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑65.45; 106‑65.46; 106‑284.18; 106‑420;
Eff. January 1, 1985.