02 NCAC 48B .0113 REGISTRATION OF FERTILIZER-PESTICIDE MIXTURES
(a) Fertilizer-pesticide mixtures may be registered for sale and use with the Plant Industry Division and Food and Drug Protection Division provided:
(1) Both the pesticide and the fertilizer grades are approved for use and sale in North Carolina;
(2) The mixture is approved by the Plant Industry Division; and
(3) The directions for use are printed on the label.
(b) Fertilizers-pesticides may be mixed for direct application at the farmer's request without registering the mixture provided as follows:
(1) The mixing of the pesticide with fertilizer is not prohibited by the pesticide label and the fertilizer contains a minimum of 20 percent primary plant nutrients, Nitrogen (N), Available Phosphate (P2O5), and Soluble Potash (K2O).
(2) The product is delivered directly to the point of application and not stored.
(3) The consumer shall be issued an invoice showing the analysis of the fertilizer and the trade name of the pesticide as well as the net content of each.
(c) Any fertilizer-pesticide mixture sold in bulk shall be covered with a tarpaulin or other covering to prevent spillage or dusting while in transport.
(d) Any fertilizer-pesticide mixture sold in bags shall be in multi-wall bags which will prevent dusting, spillage, or otherwise losing content of the bag.
(e) Nothing in this Rule shall prohibit the Board of Agriculture from refusing to register or approve any fertilizer-pesticide mixture or denying a farmer's request for a fertilizer-pesticide mixture for direct application.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑673;
Eff. January 1, 1985;
Amended Eff. June 1, 1994.