02 NCAC 52J .0403 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Subchapter:
(1) "Certified Euthanasia Technician" means a person employed by a certified facility who has been instructed in the proper methods of humane euthanasia, security and record keeping.
(2) "Certified facility" means a certified animal shelter, kennel or pet shop that employs at least one Certified Euthanasia Technician or licensed veterinarian to perform euthanasia on animals at that certified facility.
(3) "Approved Certified Euthanasia Technician trainer" means a person or organization that received permission from the Animal Welfare Section to provide training to applicants or individuals seeking to be Certified Euthanasia Technicians.
(4) "Chemical Agent" means any chemical approved by the American Veterinary Medical Association, the Humane Society of the United States or the American Humane Association which is used to induce death.
(5) "Applicant" means a person seeking certification as a Euthanasia Technician.
(6) "Commercially manufactured chamber" means a chamber built with the intention for sale with the purpose of euthanizing animals, and which meets the requirements of 02 NCAC 52J .0600.
(7) "Conviction of a criminal offense" means being found guilty, convicted, placed on probation or entering a guilty plea that is accepted by the court, forfeiture of bail, bond or collateral deposited to secure one's own appearance in a criminal proceeding or having received a withheld judgment, prayer for judgment continued or suspended sentence by a court of competent jurisdiction in this state, in a federal court or another state of any felony, as described by federal or state law, or any criminal act that in any way is related to practicing as a Certified Euthanasia Technician.
History Note: Authority G.S. 19A-24;
Eff. March 23, 2009.