02 NCAC 52J .0418 DUTIES
A Certified Euthanasia Technician may:
(1) Prepare animals for euthanasia;
(2) Record the identification number of the animal, its species, sex, breed description and date, dosages for drugs that are administered and amounts for drugs wasted;
(3) Order euthanasia supplies;
(4) Maintain the security of all controlled substances and other drugs in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
(5) Directly supervise probationary Euthanasia Technicians;
(6) Report to the appropriate government agencies violations or suspicions of a violation of the rules in this Subchapter or any abuse of drugs;
(7) Euthanize animals;
(8) Dispose of euthanized animals and expired or unwanted chemical agent(s) or the containers, instruments and equipment used in the administration of drugs in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations; and
(9) Notify the Animal Welfare Section as required in this Section upon leaving employment or volunteer status at a covered facility.
History Note: Authority G.S. 19A-24;
Eff. March 23, 2009.