02 NCAC 58 .0103 DEFINITIONS
The following terms used in this Chapter have the following meanings:
(1) "Advisory Committee" means the Agricultural Development and Farmland Preservation Trust Fund Advisory Committee.
(2) "ADFPTF," "ADFP Trust Fund," or "Trust Fund" means the Agricultural Development and Farmland Preservation Trust Fund.
(3) "Agricultural conservation easement" is defined in G.S. 106-744(b).
(4) "Applicant" means a nonprofit conservation organization or county who applies for funds from the ADFP Trust Fund.
(5) "Chair" or "Commissioner" means the Chair of the Advisory Committee who is also the Commissioner of Agriculture.
(6) "Department" or "NCDA&CS" means the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(7) "Landowner" means any natural person or other legal entity, including a governmental agency, who holds either an estate or freehold (such as a fee simple absolute or a life estate) or an estate for years or from year to year in land, but does not include an estate at will or by sufferance in land.
(8) "Nonprofit conservation organization" is any nonprofit organization that provides assistance to landowners to protect their lands and can legally hold agricultural conservation easements.
(9) "Project" means an agricultural conservation easement, conservation agreement, or an agricultural development program for which an applicant is requesting funds to complete.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106-744;
Eff. December 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 23, 2017.