02 NCAC 59E .0102 DEFINITIONS
The terms used in this Subchapter shall be as defined in G.S. 139‑3; G.S. 106-840; G.S. 106-850; G.S. 143-15.10B; 15A NCAC 02T .0103; 02 NCAC 59D .0102; and as follows:
(1) "Certification" means a statement from a technical specialist that an animal waste management plan complies with 15A NCAC 02T .1300 and G.S. 143-215.10C and that a technical specialist has approved the plan as required by G.S. 143-215.10C(d).
(2) "Certified Crop Advisor" means an individual who has obtained and maintained the Certified Crop Advisor Credential from the American Society of Agronomy.
(3) "DWR" means the Division of Water Resources of the Department of Environmental Quality.
(4) "Interagency Nutrient Management Committee" means a committee represented by the Agronomics Division of the NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, the Division of Water Resources of the NC Department of Environmental Quality, the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service – Department of Soil and Crop Sciences, and the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) of the United States Department of Agriculture to provide uniform nutrient management recommendations based on scientific data and research.
(5) "Technical Specialist" means an individual designated by the Commission to certify that the planning, design, and implementation of BMPs, including all or part of an animal waste management plan, meet the standards and specifications of the Commission or NRCS.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106-840; 106-850; 139‑4;
Temporary Adoption Eff. December 9, 1993 for a Period of 180 Days or Until the Permanent Rule Becomes Effective, Whichever is Sooner;
Eff. March 1, 1994;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 06F .0102 Eff. May 1, 2012;
Readoption Eff. November 1, 2017.