02 NCAC 60C .0203 ACCESS ROAD AND SKID TRAIL STREAM CROSSINGS
Access roads and skid trails that cross an intermittent stream, a perennial stream or a perennial waterbody shall be installed so as to minimize the amount of visible sediment that enters that stream or waterbody. These crossings shall be installed so that:
(1) stream flow will not be obstructed or impeded;
(2) no intermittent stream channel, perennial stream channel, or perennial waterbody shall be used as an access road or skid trail;
(3) crossings are provided with effective structures or ground cover to protect the stream banks and stream channel from accelerated erosion;
(4) crossings shall have sufficient water control devices to collect and divert surface flow from the access road or skid trail into undisturbed areas or other control structures to restrain accelerated erosion and prevent visible sediment from entering intermittent streams, perennial streams, and perennial waterbodies; and
(5) ground cover, or best management practices, that prevent visible sediment from entering intermittent streams, perennial streams, and perennial waterbodies shall be provided within ten working days of initial disturbance and will be maintained until the site is permanently stabilized.
History Note: Authority G.S. 77-13; 77-14; 113A-52.1;
Eff. January 1, 1990;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 01I .0203 Eff. April 1, 2014;
Readopted Eff. April 1, 2018.