02 NCAC 60C .0203 ACCESS ROAD AND SKID TRAIL STREAM CROSSINGS
Stream crossings shall be avoided when possible. Access roads and skid trails which must cross intermittent or perennial streams or perennial waterbodies shall be constructed so as to minimize the amount of sediment that enters the streams because of the construction. These crossings shall be installed so that:
(1) stream flow will not be obstructed or impeded;
(2) no stream channel or perennial waterbody shall be used as an access road or skid trail;
(3) crossings are provided with effective structures or ground cover to protect the banks and channel from accelerated erosion;
(4) they shall have sufficient water control devices to collect and divert surface flow from the access road or skid trail into undisturbed areas or other control structures to restrain accelerated erosion and prevent visible sediment from entering intermittent and perennial streams; and
(5) ground cover, or other means, sufficient to prevent visible sediment from entering intermittent and perennial streams and perennial waterbodies shall be provided within ten working days of initial disturbance and will be maintained until the site is permanently stabilized.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113A-52.1;
Eff. January 1, 1990;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 01I .0203 Eff. April 1, 2014.