04 NCAC 01E .0306 JOBS SAVED OR GENERATED TEST
(a) G.S. 159C-7 specifies that in the case of either "... an industrial or a pollution project, except a pollution control project for a public utility, (a), that the jobs to be generated or saved, directly or indirectly by the proposed project will be large enough in number to have a measurable impact on the area immediately surrounding the proposed project and will be commensurate with the size and cost of the proposed project."
(b) The department shall use as a guideline, a standard of requiring one job saved or generated for each two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($250,000) of bond financing. This ratio may be lower and still acceptable depending upon other critical factors, including but not limited to:
(1) the wage scale of the facility;
(2) the present economic situation in the county;
(3) the effect of the facility on the tax base of the county;
(4) the expected effect that the industrial facility will have on the development of new industry and services as well as any other factors which the applicant feels pertinent to the issue.
(5) the machinery and equipment financed is "state of the art" in technology increasing efficiency with moderate effect on employment.
(c) The applicant has the burden of demonstrating that the jobs saved or generated will have a measurable impact on the county. The applicant must show by clear and convincing evidence the number and type of such jobs generated or saved.
History Note: Authority G.S. 159C-7;
Eff. August 2, 1976;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1999; March 1, 1983; February 11, 1980; November 21, 1978;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.