SUBCHAPTER 03J ‑ REFUND ANTICIPATION LOAN
SECTION .0100 ‑ ADMINISTRATIVE
04 NCAC 03J .0101 DEFINITIONS; FILINGS
(a) In addition to the definitions in G.S. 53, Article 20, for the purposes of this Subchapter the following definitions apply:
(1) "Controlling person" means any person as defined in G.S. 53-246(7) who owns or holds with the power to vote 10% or more of the equity securities of the registrant, or who has the power to direct the management and policy of the registrant.
(2) "Creditor loan fee" means the charges, fees, or other consideration charged or imposed by the creditor for the making of a refund anticipation loan.
(3) "Electronic filing fee" means the fee imposed by the facilitator in consideration for the electronic filing of a tax return.
(4) "Facilitator loan fee" means the charges, fees, or other consideration charged or imposed by the facilitator for the making of a refund anticipation loan.
(5) "Transmitter" means any person who sends electronic returns directly to the Internal Revenue Service. This term shall include persons who receive information to be reformatted and transmitted to the Internal Revenue Service, i.e., third-party transmitters.
(b) An application for registration or any report, notice, or other document that is required by law or rule to be filed with the Commissioner shall be obtained from and filed online through https://www.nccob.gov.
History Note: Authority G.S. 53-245; 53-246; 53-248; 53-253;
Eff. September 1, 1993;
Amended Eff. September 1, 2006;
Readopted Eff. August 1, 2018.