04 NCAC 08 .0109 DUTIES OF THE ADMINISTRATOR
The Administrator is responsible for directing the staff of the Authority and overseeing the functions of the office.
(1) The Administrator shall oversee the application of the electric and telephone cooperatives rules and regulations to ensure they are administered according to the manner in which they are written.
(2) The Administrator shall investigate and respond to complaints such as requests for deposits, meter tampering disputes, boundary issues, disputed bills and power surges from EMC members and shall request any additional information from the cooperative needed by the Authority to respond to the complaints.
(3) The Administrator may attend any annual meeting or Board meeting of an individual electric or telephone cooperative.
(4) The Administrator shall review all Federal grant or loan applications from electric and telephone cooperatives, request any additional information needed for those applications, and present the grant and loan requests to the Board for review and approval.
(5) The Administrator is responsible for reviewing interconnection agreements and amendments between the TMCs and competing local providers (CLPs) and commercial mobile radio service providers (CMRS) as defined in 47 U.S.C 252 in accordance with Section 252(e) of the Act and present those documents to the Board of the authority for approval.
(6) In situations where the Authority is requested to arbitrate an interconnection agreement pursuant to Section 252(b)(1) of the Act or pursuant to a valid contractual agreement between a TMC and another telecommunications carrier, the Administrator is responsible for reviewing the petitions for arbitration.
History Note: Authority G.S. 117-2(10); 117-2(11a); 117-2(12); 117-3.1(a); 117-26; 117-31; 117-32; 47 U.S.C 252;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2014;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 23, 2015.