R6‑19.1 PRIORITIES FOR LIMITATIONS ON NEW SERVICE
(a) Any natural gas company in North Carolina placing any limitations on sales of gas to new customers shall file within thirty (30) days with this Commission a program for sales to new customers and additional sales to existing customers as may be required because of insufficient gas supply, which program shall provide the following order of priorities for such service:
(1) Gas service to all residential customers requesting service who can be feasibly served, including multiple housing.
(2) Gas service to small commercial and small industrial users whose requirements do not exceed 20 Mcf per day.
(3) Industrial customers utilizing natural gas as a raw material or in direct application of gas flame where no other heat is usable.
(4) Large commercial customers whose requirements exceed 20 Mcf per day.
(5) Large industrial customers whose requirements exceed 20 Mcf per day.
(6) Preferred interruptible customers.
(7) Interruptible customers.
(8) Dump schedule customers.
(b) Said natural gas utilities shall file such restrictive sales program with this Commission in accordance with subsection (a) of this rule in tariff form, including limitations of the size of interruptible customers, if any, within 30 days after the date of this rule.
(c) All natural gas utility companies in North Carolina without sufficient gas supply for peak‑day demand shall install as needed sufficient peak‑shaving equipment to meet the needs of residential customers.
(NCUC Docket No. G‑100, Sub 12, 7/27/71, 7/29/71; NCUC Docket No. G-100, Sub 79, 12/02/99.)