04 NCAC 19N .0102 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions apply to the rules of this Subchapter:
(1) "Act" means the Homeless Housing Act of 1986, P.L. 99‑500, as amended.
(2) "Applicant" means a local government which makes an application pursuant to the provisions of this Subchapter.
(3) "Chief Elected Official" means either the elected Mayor of a City or the Chairman of a County Board of Commissioners.
(4) "ESGP" means the state‑administered Emergency Shelter Grants Program.
(5) "Entitlement cities" means those cities in North Carolina that received their 1986 Community Development Block Grant allocation directly from the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
(6) "Local Government" means any unit of general city or county government in the state.
(7) "NRCD" means the North Carolina Department of Natural Resources and Community Development.
(8) "Recipient" means a local government that has been awarded an ESGP grant and has executed a Grant Agreement with NRCD.
(9) "Secretary" means the Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources and Community Development or his designee.
(10) "State" means the state of North Carolina.
History Note: Filed as a Temporary Rule Eff. June 30, 1987, for a period of 120 days to expire on
October 21, 1987;
Filed as a Temporary Rule Eff. March 2, 1987, for a period of 120 days to expire on
June 30, 1987;
Authority G.S. 143‑323; 143B‑10; 24 C.F.R. 575.3; P.L. 99‑500;
Eff. September 1, 1987.