04 NCAC 19O .0102 DEFINITIONS
The following terms shall apply to the rules of this Subchapter:
(1) "Act" means the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act, P.L. 100‑77, as amended.
(2) "Applicant" means a local government which makes an application pursuant to the provisions of this Subchapter.
(3) "Chief Elected Official" means either the elected Mayor of a City or the Chairman of a County Board of Commissioners.
(4) "ESGP" means the state‑administered Emergency Shelter Grants Program.
(5) "Local Government" means any unit of general city or county government in the state.
(6) "NRCD" means the North Carolina Department of Natural Resources and Community Development.
(7) "Obligated" means that the recipient or subrecipient, as appropriate, has placed orders, awarded contracts, or entered similar transactions that require payment from the grant amount.
(8) "Recipient" means a local government that has been awarded an ESGP grant and has executed a Grant Agreement with NRCD.
(9) "Secretary" means the Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources and Community Development or his designee.
(10) "Shelter" means an individual facility whose purpose is to assist homeless persons through activities funded under this Subchapter.
(11) "State" means the state of North Carolina.
History Note: Filed as a Temporary Rule Eff. October 1, 1987 for a period of 180 days to expire on
March 29, 1988;
Authority G.S. 143‑323; 143B‑10; 24 C.F.R. 575.3; P.L. 100‑77;
Eff. March 1, 1988.