04 NCAC 20A .0103 FUNCTIONS AND LOCATION OF THE DIVISION
(a) The functions of the Division are:
(1) To administer federal grants awarded to the Governor under federal employment and training legislation, including JTPA;
(2) To provide staff for the State Job Training Coordinating Council and such other councils as required by federal law;
(3) To provide administrative and information services to subgrantees and division contractors to conduct employment and training activities;
(4) To manage programs and resources, through written agreements with subgrantees and contractors to carry out employment and training policies and activities;
(5) To perform functions, as the delegate of the Governor, reserved for the Governor in the Job Training Partnership Act;
(6) To promote efficient management and coordination of job training programs in order to maximize the benefits of these programs to the citizens of North Carolina; and
(7) To promote an active, effective partnership between local and state agencies and private business in providing job training.
(b) The location and mailing address of the Division's main office is 111 Seaboard Avenue, Raleigh, North Carolina 27604.
(c) Nothing in this Section shall be considered to limit the reasonable functioning of the Division or to restrict the location of division offices.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑430(b); 20 C.F.R. 626.1; Ex. O. No. 93, June 8, 1983;
Eff. October 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. May 1, 1992.