04 NCAC 24A .0109 POWER OF ATTORNEY
(a) An employer may appoint an agent with authority to act on his, her, or its behalf with DES in accordance with G.S. 32C-2-214. An employer's appointment of an agent shall be made in writing in the manner prescribed by G.S. 32C-3-301, or by using the Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative form found on DES's website.
(b) An agent appointed pursuant to a power of attorney may:
(1) complete and submit documents for filing employers' tax and wage reports;
(2) complete and submit documents regarding an employer's tax rate, contributions, and direct reimbursements;
(3) respond to benefit claims documents, including responding to requests for information about a claimant's separation or status;
(4) engage in discussions with DES representatives regarding the actions listed above; and
(5) accept or receive correspondence sent by DES regarding claims for benefits or an employer's contributions.
History Note: Authority G.S. 32C-2-214; 32C-3-301; 96-4; 96-9.15;
Eff. July 1, 2015;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2018; September 1, 2017.