SUBCHAPTER 24B - BENEFITS
SECTION .0100 - CLAIMS FOR UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE BENEFITS
04 NCAC 24B .0101 FILING A CLAIM
(a) An individual shall contact DES by internet or telephone to file a valid initial claim for benefits pursuant to 04 NCAC 24A .0104(a).
(b) Prior to receiving any benefits, the claimant shall register for work with a public employment office.
(c) Information for an initial claim shall include:
(1) the claimant's name, social security number, address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth, and gender;
(2) immigration status;
(3) whether the claimant worked for the federal government or in another state during the previous two years;
(4) whether the claimant applied for or is receiving disability payments;
(5) whether the claimant was or will be paid vacation or severance and the time frame that the payment covers;
(6) whether there was a policy in effect regarding paid time off prior to the claimant's separation;
(7) whether the claimant refused work since becoming unemployed;
(8) whether the claimant filed for or is receiving benefits under any other unemployment insurance law;
(9) whether the claimant applied for or is receiving any type of retirement pension;
(10) the name and complete address of the claimant's last employer;
(11) the reason for the claimant's separation from work; and
(12) the claimant's beginning and ending dates of employment.
History Note: Authority G.S. 96-4; 96-14.1; 96-14.9; 96-15; 96-15.01; 20 CFR 602;
Eff. July 1, 2015;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2018.