SUBCHAPTER 24B - BENEFITS
SECTION .0100 - Claims for Unemployment Insurance Benefits
04 NCAC 24B .0101 FILING A CLAIM
(a) An individual shall contact DES by internet or telephone to file a valid initial claim for benefits pursuant to 04 NCAC 24A .0104.
(b) Prior to receiving any benefits, the claimant shall register for work with a public employment office, unless exempt from this requirement under G.S. 96-14.9 or federal law.
(c) In the event of a mass layoff by an employer, the employer may request to electronically file an initial claim for benefits for the individuals to be laid off. The request shall be made to DES through its website at www.ncesc.com. The employer shall provide DES with a list of the individuals who wish to file an initial claim for benefits. For each individual, the list shall include all information required in Paragraph (d) of this Rule for an initial claim. The list shall be used by DES as an initial claim for each individual on the list. Each individual shall subsequently file his or her weekly certification.
(d) Information for an initial claim shall include:
(1) the claimant's name, social security number, address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth, and gender;
(2) immigration status;
(3) whether the claimant worked for the federal government or in another state during the previous two years;
(4) whether the claimant applied for or is receiving disability payments;
(5) whether the claimant was or will be paid vacation or severance and the time frame that the payment covers;
(6) whether the claimant refused work since becoming unemployed;
(7) whether the claimant filed for or is receiving benefits under any other unemployment insurance law;
(8) whether the claimant applied for or is receiving any type of retirement pension;
(9) the name and complete address of the claimant's last employer;
(10) the reason for the claimant's separation from work; and
(11) the claimant's beginning and ending dates of employment.
History Note: Authority G.S. 96-4; 96-14.1; 96-14.9; 96-15; 20 CFR 602;
Eff. July 1, 2015.