04 NCAC 24B .0103 WEEKLY CERTIFICATIONS
(a) After a claimant files an initial claim and establishes a benefit year, the claimant shall file subsequent weekly certification for payment of benefits by telephone, or internet on DES's website at intervals of no less than 7 and no more than 14 consecutive days for each week claimed.
(1) Each claimant shall file weekly certifications as prescribed under 04 NCAC 24A .0104(a).
(2) If at any time during the benefit year, more than 14 calendar days elapse since the claimant last filed a weekly certification, the claimant shall file an additional or reopened claim for benefits as defined in 04 NCAC 24A .0105, and shall comply with all eligibility requirements.
(b) Each claimant shall:
(1) file claims and weekly certifications in accordance with the rules of this Chapter that includes the following:
(A) information required for claims filing outlined in Rule .0101 of this Section.
(B) information required for filing weekly certification, including each claimant's full name and social security number;
(2) inform DES of whether he or she worked during the previous calendar week;
(3) provide information regarding all earnings before deductions (gross) for work performed during the previous calendar week;
(4) provide information as to whether he or she received holiday, vacation, bonus, or separation pay, and the gross amount during the previous calendar week;
(5) inform DES of whether he or she began receiving or whether there was a change in any type of retirement pension during the previous calendar week;
(6) provide information regarding whether he or she applied for or received any disability payments during the previous calendar week;
(7) inform DES of whether he or she was physically able and available for work, during the previous calendar week;
(8) provide information as to whether he or she looked for work, refused work or kept a record of work search during the previous calendar week as required by G.S. 96-14.9(e)(4);
(9) provide information as to whether he or she has quit a job or been discharged from a job since filing a claim for unemployment benefits;
(10) sign all forms for the valid initial claim or weekly certification that are filed in person, by mail or delivery service; and
(11) submit all claims and weekly certifications as required by the Employment Security Law and this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 96-4; 96-14.1; 96-14.9; 96-15; 96-15.01;
Eff. July 1, 2015.