07 NCAC 02I .0304 POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE REGIONAL LIBRARY BOARD
The agreement establishing a regional library shall include the following powers delegated to the regional library board of trustees by the participating local governmental units:
(1) to adopt such bylaws and rules for its own governance as may be necessary and in conformity with the law;
(2) to adopt policies for the regional library system's administration and operation;
(3) to appoint the regional library director and delegate to that person executive powers;
(4) to adopt an annual budget for the regional library;
(5) to appoint a regional library finance officer to ensure expenditure of funds consistent with the budget adopted by the regional library board;
(6) to assure compliance with all applicable State and Federal law and eligibility requirements for the receipt of State and Federal funds;
(7) to make recommendations to the governing bodies of the participating local governmental units concerning the construction and improvement of physical facilities of the libraries in the region;
(8) to report to the participating local governmental units; and
(9) to provide to the State Library of North Carolina an annual audit of the regional library system consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
History Note: Authority G.S. 125-2; 143B-10;
Eff. April 1, 2011;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 22, 2017.