07 NCAC 04R .1605 DURATION, EXTENSION, AND RENEWAL OF PERMITS
(a) A Permit issued under this Section shall be extended or renewed in accordance with this Rule. Requests to extend or renew a Permit shall be submitted in writing to the State Archaeologist. The requests shall include:
(1) the permittee's name, address, and telephone number;
(2) a copy of the original permit;
(3) whether the request is for an extension or renewal;
(4) the time limit requested for an extension, not to exceed six months;
(5) a statement describing the need for the extension or renewal; and
(6) a statement certifying compliance with Rule .1604 of this Section.
(b) General Permits shall be valid for a period of five years from the date of issuance. General Permits may be extended for up to six months as requested by the permittee or renewed for five additional years. General Permits shall be extended only once, but may be renewed any number of times.
(c) Specific Permits shall be valid for a period of three years from the date of issuance. Specific Permits may be extended for up to six months as requested by the permittee or renewed for three additional years. Specific Permits may be extended only once, but may be renewed any number of times.
(d) Requests shall be approved or denied by the State Archaeologist based on:
(1) the information submitted in the request under Paragraph (a); and
(2) evaluation of past performance under the permit, such as compliance with the terms and conditions under the Permit and the progress of work completed under the Permit.
History Note: Authority G.S. 70-13; 70-14; 121-23; 121-25; 143B-62(1)(h);
Eff. June 1, 2017.