07 NCAC 13K .0105 EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
(a) Each completed application shall be evaluated by the Department or its designee on the information provided in the application and in accordance with the PARTF criteria described in this Rule.
(b) The Authority shall review the project evaluations and other relevant data prepared by the applicant and by Department staff. The Authority shall approve projects for funding.
(c) If applicable to the project, the general criteria in Paragraph (d) of this Rule shall be addressed by the applicant. The Department or its designee shall review all applications for completeness. Incomplete applications shall be returned to the applicant.
(d) The following general criteria shall be used to evaluate projects.
(1) New public recreation facilities provided by the project;
(2) The degree of local recreational planning for the project and how the specific elements in the project conform to the plan(s);
(3) The acquisition or the conservation of unique natural, cultural, recreational, or scenic resources;
(4) The level of public involvement in developing and supporting the project;
(5) The applicant's commitment to operating and maintaining the project; and
(6) The suitability of the site for the proposed project development.
(e) The Authority shall also consider the following factors to evaluate projects: the geographic distribution of projects, the presence or absence of other funding sources, the population of the applicant, the level of compliance with prior grant agreements, the amount of funds available, and the amount of funds requested.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-135.66;
Temporary Adoption Eff. November 1, 1994, for a period of 180 days or until the permanent rule becomes effective, whichever is sooner;
Eff. April 1, 1995;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2006; August 1, 1998;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 12K .0105 Eff. April 1, 2017.