07 NCAC 13K .0108 ELIGIBLE PROJECTS AND COSTS
(a) PARTF grants are awarded to grantees for projects that are for the sole purpose of providing local park and recreation opportunities to the public. Grantees may receive funds for the following types of projects:
(1) Acquisition. Fee simple acquisition of real property for future recreational development and to protect areas with natural or scenic resources.
(A) Grantees acquiring property for recreation development have up to five years from when the Authority and the applicant sign the grant agreement to begin developing recreation facilities.
(B) Grantees acquiring property to protect areas with natural or scenic resources must open these areas to the general public to the extent that the resources will not be impaired.
(2) Development. Projects for the construction, expansion, and renovation/repair of the following:
(A) Primary facilities including outdoor and indoor recreation facilities. Examples include camping facilities, picnic facilities, sports and playfields, trails, swimming facilities, boating/fishing facilities, spectator facilities, and gymnasiums.
(B) Support facilities and improvements such as roads, parking areas, accessibility features, utilities, landscaping, and other infrastructure projects, that would have little or no recreational value without the primary recreation facilities.
(b) Other criteria for determining eligible projects and costs include:
(1) Only development on or acquisition of a single project site is eligible for PARTF assistance.
(2) Utility lines developed with PARTF assistance shall be placed underground.
(3) The following costs are eligible within the limits that are identified.
(A) Land acquisition costs such as appraisals, surveys, title work, and attorney fees.
(B) Construction costs such as site planning, design drawings, construction drawings, preparing cost estimates, architectural and engineering fees, permits, construction management, and project inspection.
(C) The cost of preparing an application.
(D) The costs in Parts (A) through (C) of this Subparagraph shall not exceed 20 percent of the total cost of the project. These costs may be incurred within two years of the application deadline as well as during the project period.
(E) A contingency may be included in the development cost estimates, but shall not exceed five percent of total development costs.
(4) PARTF-assisted facilities on school property shall not be recreational facilities generally provided by the school for the use of their students.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-135.66;
Temporary Adoption Eff. November 1, 1994, for a period of 180 days or until the permanent rule becomes effective, whichever is sooner;
Eff. April 1, 1995;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2006; April 1, 2003; August 1, 1998;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 12K .0108 Eff. April 1, 2017.