SECTION .0600 - RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OFFICE OF STATE BUDGET AND MANAGEMENT
09 NCAC 03M .0601 Office of State Budget and Management Responsibilities
The Office of State Budget and Management shall:
(1) Provide guidelines to agencies for developing monitoring plans and establishing reporting processes that meet the requirements established in this Subchapter.
(2) Maintain a Suspension of Funding list readily accessible to any interested party that identifies any recipient found in noncompliance with the requirements of this Subchapter or the terms of their contract. This list shall serve as notice to other agencies that no further State financial assistance shall be provided to that recipient until they are removed from the list.
(3) Periodically audit State agencies to ensure compliance with requirements set forth in Section .0400 of this Subchapter.
(4) Upon notification from a disbursing agency that a recipient is no longer noncompliant with the requirements set forth in Section .0200 of this Subchapter, validate that all such noncompliance has been corrected prior to the removal of that recipient from the Suspension of Funding listing. A recipient may appeal to the Office of State Budget and Management to be removed from the Suspension of Funding list if they believe they have been suspended in error. Once removed from the Suspension of Funding list, the recipient is eligible for current and future State financial assistance.
(5) Take appropriate administrative action when the Director of the Budget finds that the recipient has spent or encumbered State funds for an unauthorized purpose, including ensuring allegations of criminal violations are reported to the Attorney General and the State Bureau of Investigation by the disbursing agency.
(6) If the funds are a pass-through of funds awarded by an agency of the United States, consult with the awarding agency of the United States and the State agency that is the recipient of the pass-through funds prior to taking actions authorized by this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143C-6-22; 143C-6-23;
Eff. July 1, 2005;
Readopted Eff. July 1, 2016.