09 NCAC 06C .0108 WAIVER OF RULES
Upon receipt of a written request to waive a rule, the Board shall consider the request and may waive any rule in this Chapter. The factors the Board shall use in determining whether to grant a waiver are:
(1) Whether the requested waiver is consistent with Article 3 of Chapter 62A or other North Carolina Statutes;
(2) Whether any applicable Rule should be amended;
(3) Costs to the 911 Fund if the waiver is granted;
(4) Costs to the party requesting a waiver if the waiver is not granted;
(5) Whether granting the waiver is consistent with the statewide 911 plan;
(6) The benefit to the public;
(7) Whether granting the waiver is consistent with the requirements and intent of the FCC Order;
(8) Prior, concurrent, or similar waiver requests; and
(9) Whether the waiver is supported or opposed by PSAPs or service providers.
History Note: Authority G.S. 62A-42; 150B-19(6);
Eff. July 1, 2016.