10A NCAC 05C .0304 PUBLIC HEARINGS ON AAA PLANS
(a) An AAA shall follow the area plan public hearing procedures required by the Division and the Older Americans Act federal regulations.
(b) In addition, the AAA shall apply the following standards in the conduct of its public hearing.
(1) Public notice shall be given at least two weeks before the hearing.
(2) The public hearing shall be scheduled to allow sufficient time for review of the area plan by the advisory council prior to the date of the public hearing.
(3) Notice of the public hearing shall be publicized through widely circulated newspapers or other forms of public media.
(4) Notice of the public hearing shall be published in a language other than English, when deemed appropriate by the AAA or the Division of Aging.
(5) Notice of the public hearing shall be provided to appropriate services providers, nutrition providers, organizations of older persons, and other public and private agencies in the planning and service area.
(6) The public hearing shall be scheduled at a convenient time and location to ensure maximum attendance by interested parties, including representatives of advisory councils to the area agency and to the local nutrition projects and older persons.
(7) A complete copy of the area plan shall be available for review by the general public at the office of the area agency prior to and after the public hearing.
(8) Summaries of major components of the area plan, including a program description, objectives, action plans, and resource allocation plans, shall be available prior to and during the public hearing.
(9) The formula or other methods used to distribute aging funds, within Division of Aging guidelines, among service providers shall be available at the public hearing.
(10) Procedures for review and analysis of comments received at the public hearing shall be established and described in writing.
(11) Summaries of the comments made at the public hearing shall be available at the office of the area agency after the public hearing.
(12) All records of the public hearing shall be on file at the area agency as a part of the official area plan file.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑10; 143B‑138; 143B‑181.1(c); 45 C.F.R., Chapter XIII, Part 1321;
Eff. October 1, 1980;
Amended Eff. May 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 23, 2015.