SUBCHAPTER 05J ‑ CONFIDENTIALITY OF CLIENT DATA
SECTION .0100 ‑ DEFINITIONS FOR CONFIDENTIALITY OF CLIENT DATA
10A NCAC 05J .0101 DEFINITIONS FOR CONFIDENTIALITY OF CLIENT DATA
Unless the context clearly specifies otherwise, the following terms are defined as follows:
(1) "Agency" means Division of Aging, Area Agencies on Aging, or service provider.
(2) "Client" means any applicant for, or recipient of, services administered under the auspices of the Division of Aging.
(3) "Client information" or "client record" means any information, whether recorded or not, including information stored in computer data banks or files, relating to a client which was received in connection with the performance of any function of the agency.
(4) "Court order" means any written order from a judge which directs explicitly the release of client information.
(5) "Service provider" means any public or private agency from whom Division of Aging funded services are purchased or authorized.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑181.1(c); 143B‑181.10;
Eff. December 1, 1991;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 23, 2015.