SUBCHAPTER 05L - ADVOCACY ASSISTANCE
SECTION .0100 – GENERAL PROVISIONS
10A NCAC 05L .0101 GENERAL ADVOCACY RESPONSIBILITIES
As a part of state agency general advocacy responsibilities the Division of Aging will:
(1) review and comment on all state plans, budgets and policies which affect older persons;
(2) conduct public hearings on the needs of older persons;
(3) coordinate statewide planning and development of activities related to the purposes of the Act and assure that each area agency has effective procedures to coordinate programs related to the purposes of the Act within the planning and service area;
(4) represent the interests of older persons before legislative executive and regulatory bodies in North Carolina;
(5) provide technical assistance to any public or private non‑profit agency, organization, or association, or individual representing older persons;
(6) establish and operate the long‑term care ombudsman program required by federal regulations; and
(7) review and comment, on request, on applications to state and federal agencies for assistance relating to meeting the needs of older persons.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑10; 143B‑138; 45 C.F.R., Chapter XIII, Part 1321;
Eff. October 1, 1980;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 23, 2015.