SECTION .0200 – SERVICE PROVISION
10A ncac 06K .0201 STAFFING
Staffing requirements for nutrition service providers shall be:
(1) Each nutrition service provider that receives Home and Community Care Block Grant funds shall make arrangements for a qualified dietitian or nutritionist to certify the menu. A qualified dietitian or nutritionist is a licensed dietitian/nutritionist as defined in G.S. 90-350.
(2) The nutrition service provider shall provide staff to operate the program including a nutrition program director and, if funded for congregate nutrition, a site manager.
(3) The nutrition program director must be empowered with the authority necessary to conduct the day-to-day management and administrative functions.
(4) The site manager may be paid from Home and Community Care Block funds for no more than four hours per day.
(5) Nutrition service providers shall recruit, orient, train, and supervise volunteers to assist in nutrition program services and activities.
(6) Training Requirements:
(a) Nutrition program directors must complete within 12 months of employment at least 15 hours of instruction in food service sanitation practices.
(b) Within 12 months of employment the nutrition program director must participate in training on Nutrition Program Management arranged by the Division of Aging.
(7) The following staff shall have knowledge of the following:
(a) Nutrition Program Directors: administration procedures, record keeping systems, reporting, food safety, food service.
(b) Site Manager: (for Congregate Nutrition Sites) site operations, site records, community resources and methods of referrals, food safety, and food portioning.
(c) Volunteers: site procedures for specific volunteer activities.
(d) All staff: aging process and fire/disaster evacuation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑10; 143B‑138; 143B-181.1 (c); 45 C.F.R., Chapter XIII, Part 1321;
Eff. October 1, 1980;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2003; November 1, 1993; April 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.