10A ncac 06R .0503 TRANSPORTATION
(a) For programs providing or arranging for public transportation, the adult day care program shall have a transportation policy that includes routine and emergency procedures. Accidents, medical emergencies, weather emergencies and escort issues shall be addressed.
(b) When the adult day care program provides transportation, the following requirements shall be met to ensure the health and safety of the participants:
(1) Each person transported shall have a seat in the vehicle.
(2) Participants shall be transported no more than 30 minutes without being offered the opportunity to have a rest stop.
(3) Vehicles used to transport participants shall be equipped with seatbelts. Participants shall be instructed to use seatbelts while being transported.
(4) Vehicles shall be equipped with a first aid kit, consisting of the items listed in 10A NCAC 06S .0301(a), and a fire extinguisher.
(5) A copy of the transportation policy shall be located in the vehicle used for transport.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-6; 143B-153;
Eff. July 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1981;
Temporary Amendment Eff. October 1, 2001;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2008; July 1, 2007; August 1, 2002.