10A NCAC 06R .0509 PROGRAM EVALUATION
(a) Each day care program shall have in writing a plan for internal evaluation of its operation and services. The plan shall include the timetable for initiating and completing the annual evaluation, the parties to be involved, the areas which will be addressed and the methods to be used in conducting the evaluation.
(b) A formal evaluation shall be conducted at regular intervals, at least annually.
(c) The following parties shall be involved, to the extent considered appropriate, in the evaluation process:
(1) governing body,
(2) program director,
(5) families of participants,
(6) department of social services.
(d) Evaluation shall focus on the following three areas, in addition to any others the program may wish to address:
(1) the extent to which the program is achieving its goals;
(2) the extent to which the program is meeting the needs and interests of participants; and
(3) the extent to which the program is efficient and effective in its operation, including the extent to which the program is cost‑efficient.
(e) A written report of the program evaluation and findings shall be made and kept on file.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑153;
Eff. July 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1981.