SECTION .0700 ‑ CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS FOR DAY CARE HOME
10A NCAC 06R .0701 RESIDENTIAL BUILDING CODE REQUIREMENTS
Adult Day Care Homes initially certified after January 1, 2003 and those that make structural building modifications after this date shall meet the residential building code requirements of the North Carolina Commercial Building Code. The requirements shall include:
(1) standard wood frame, brick, block or veneer construction;
(2) attic shall not be used for storage;
(3) porches and stoops shall be protected by handrails;
(4) steps shall be protected by handrails; and
(5) all entrances, pathways and exits shall adhere to the North Carolina State Accessibility Code.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D-6; 143B‑153;
Eff. July 1, 1978;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2007;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.