10a NCAC 06s .0403 HEALTH AND PERSONAL CARE SERVICES
(a) In adult day health programs, the following health care and personal care services shall be provided:
(1) assistance with activities of daily living including feeding, ambulation, or toileting as needed by individual participants;
(2) health care monitoring of each participant's general health and medical regimen. This includes documenting the periodic assessment of the vital signs, weight, dental health, general nutrition, and hygiene of each participant. When health changes occur, positive or negative, the adult day care program staff shall notify the family, caretaker or responsible party of the changes. The change in health status and notification shall be recorded in the participant's file;
(3) assistance to participants and caregivers with medical treatment plans, diets, and referrals as needed;
(4) health education programs for all participants on a regular basis, at least monthly, and health care counseling tailored to meet the needs of participants and caregivers; and
(5) first aid treatment as needed.
(b) Specialized services, e.g. speech therapy, physical therapy, and counseling, shall be facilitated by the adult day health program as ordered by a physician and as available through community resources.
History Note: Authority G.S. 131D‑6; 143B-153;
Eff. September 1, 1990;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2007; March 1, 1992.