SECTION .0200 ‑ DEFINITIONS
10A NCAC 06V .0201 DEFINITIONS
As used in 71Q .0913 and this Subchapter the following terms have the meanings specified:
(1) "Nutritious Meals" means that the total intake for a 24 hour period must meet the nutritional needs appropriate for age, sex and disability. One meal should meet a minimum of one‑third of the recommended dietary allowance for the individual.
(2) "Blind" means visually impaired persons whose eye condition is described as follows:
(a) persons with best corrected central visual acuity of 20/70 or less in the better eye; or
(b) persons with one or both of the following conditions:
(i) the presence of chronic, progressive eye pathology;
(ii) visual acuity better than 20/70 which nevertheless results in a vocational or functional handicap.
(3) "Aging" for this meal service means age 60 years or older.
(4) "Disabled" means unable to engage in any substantial activity necessary for self‑care or self‑support by reason of a medically determinable physical or mental impairment.
(5) "Own Home" means that the service recipient is living in a residence he maintains for himself or is maintained for him by his caretaker. "Own Home" does not include any group care.
(6) "Central Dining Facility" means a group feeding site.
(7) "Malnutrition" means both inadequate and excessive intake of any essential nutrient.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑153;
Eff. March 1, 1977;
Readopted Eff. October 31, 1977;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1990; July 1, 1984;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.