10A NCAC 09 .0304 ON-GOING REQUIREMENTS FOR A LICENSE
(a) Each operator shall schedule and obtain a fire inspection within 12 months of the center's previous fire inspection. The operator shall notify the local fire inspector when it is time for the center's annual fire inspection. The operator shall submit the original of the approved annual fire inspection report to the Division within one week of the inspection visit on the form provided by the Division.
(b) Each center shall be inspected annually by an Environmental Health Specialist and receive an approved or superior rating in accordance with applicable sanitation requirements adopted by the Commission for Public Health as described in 15A NCAC 18A .2800.
(c) A new building inspection shall not be required unless the operator plans to begin using space not previously approved for child care, has made renovations to the building, has added new construction, or wants to remove any restriction related to building codes on the permit.
(d) When the Division documents noncompliance with G.S. 110, Article 7 or this Chapter during a visit, the Division may do any one or more of the following:
(1) require the operator to notify the Division in writing when the noncompliance has been corrected;
(2) return to the center for an unannounced visit to determine whether the noncompliance has been corrected; or
(3) take any administrative action in accordance with G.S. 110, Article 7 or 10A NCAC 09 .2200.
(e) The Division shall calculate the visit compliance score by taking the total possible points for items monitored at a visit and calculating the percentage of compliance based upon the actual points awarded. The compliance history of a center shall be calculated by averaging each visit compliance score over the previous 18 months. Points shall be awarded for compliance with items monitored as follows:
(1) supervision of children (6 points);
(2) staff/child ratio (6 points);
(3) staff qualifications and training (2 to 5 points);
(4) health and safety practices (3 to 6 points);
(5) discipline (6 points);
(6) developmentally appropriate activities (2 to 4 points);
(7) adequate space (6 points);
(8) nutrition and feeding practices (1 to 3 points);
(9) program records (1 to 3 points); and
(10) transportation (1 to 3 points), if applicable.
(f) A sample of the Division's compliance history score sheet can be viewed online at http://ncchildcare.nc.gov/PDF_forms/Compliance_History_Sample_415.pdf.
(g) Each center shall maintain records as described in 10A NCAC 09 .0302(d) and shall make them available to the Division for review.
History Note: Authority G.S. 110-85; 110-88(5); 110-93; 143B-168.3; 150B-3;
Eff. July 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2010; May 1, 2006;
Readopted Eff. October 1, 2017;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2018.